Third man arrested in connection to London Tube bucket bombing

PA Graphics

PA Graphics

Images showed the 21-year-old being stopped by officers in front of a chicken shop, in the Hounslow area of west London on Saturday evening. A forensic team wrapped his arms in plastic up to his biceps and his legs up to his thighs.

Farroukh was the second person to be arrested after an unnamed 18-year-old man was stopped by officers near the port of Dover on the evening of September 15, hours after the attack that sent a ball of fire along a carriage of the eastbound District Line train from Wimbledon at the Parsons Green station.

"They put him in a auto which also had all the seats wrapped in plastic".

Asked if he was known to authorities, a spokesman for London's Metropolitan Police said: "I don't believe he was", Agence France-Presse reported.

"He was arrested on the suspicion of being concerned in the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism", Deputy Assistant Police Commissioner Neil Basu said at a Saturday news conference.

"This will free up extra armed police to patrol the streets and protect the public."

Steven Griffiths, 28, who lives opposite elderly foster couple, said: "When I saw the blacked-out van and the guns, I thought that this wasn't a little thing".

The man was seen on camera at 6.50am reportedly leaving a house which police later searched.

More news: FPL works to restore power to East Coast as deadline approaches

"These events are successful in so far as they are newsworthy", Jenkins said. This is something insane'.

British Prime Minister Theresa May had already rebuked the USA leader for the remark, saying, "I never think it's helpful for anybody to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation".

"Police with balaclavas were at our door telling us we had five minutes to pack up and leave".

Britain is on the highest terror alert with the military set to bolster security as police hunt the Parsons Green bomb "suspects".

British police have detained two men in connection with the terror attack recently carried out on London's underground.

"There is still much more to do but this greater clarity and this progress has led JTAC the independent body that assess threat to come to the judgement that an attack is no longer imminent", said Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley, the United Kingdom s National Lead for Counter- Terrorism Policing.

The "severe" level means another attack is highly likely but the higher "critical" level means an attack may be imminent.

Latest News