Kevin Spacey to be cut from upcoming film, sources say — NewsAlert

Kevin Spacey Christopher Plummer

Kevin Spacey cut from 'All the Money in the World,' scenes to be reshot with Christopher Plummer

With a little over a month left until "All the Money in the World" hits cinemas on December 22, director Ridley Scot has made a decision to remove Kevin Spacey from the completed movie amid the sexual harassment reports swirling around Spacey, British media has reported. The film's release date of December 22nd Stateside is expected to be met with new scenes shot over the coming weeks. His scenes will be reshot immediately, with Christopher Plummer replacing him in the role of J. Paul Getty.

Scott, who is known to be an efficient director, is intending to keep the film's December 22 release date.

All the Money in the World features an ensemble cast including Michelle Williams and Mark Wahlberg. This comes following sexual assault and harassment allegations against Spacey.

The trailer for "All The Money in the World", which tells the story of the kidnapping of Getty's 16-year-old grandson in Italy in 1973, shows Spacey as the fearsome patriarch who infamously refused to pay a ransom to secure the boy's release.

He's going to be replaced by Christopher Plummer.

More news: US, South Korea, Australia Hold East China Sea Navy Drills

Plummer "was reportedly Scott's first choice for the role of Getty, but the director was pressured into casting a bigger name", The Guardian reports.

"To Kevin Spacey, I want to say this: Shame on you for what you did to my son", Unruh said, flanked by her daughter and lawyer Mitchell Garabedian, who has represented hundreds of clergy sexual abuse victims.

The decision follows more sexual misconduct allegations against the Oscar-winner from a woman who says he touched her 18-year-old son in MA last year. Spacey announced he was gay in a statement apologizing to Rapp, while claiming he did not remember the alleged incident. Not only was he recast in All the Money in the World, he was also fired from Netflix's House of Cards.

The actor has since been accused by more than dozen men of either sexually harassing or assaulting them.

Latest News