Israeli settler shoots dead Palestinian in West Bank

The Holocaust memorial in a Jewish cemetery in Milton Massachusetts

Israeli, Palestinian Killed in Two Violent Incidents

As a bulldozer was used to raze the home of Mohammed Abu Elrob in the town of Qabatiya, clashes broke out between soldiers and residents in which one Palestinian was wounded, the sources said.

The Israeli military said that after a group of Palestinians threw stones at a group of Israeli settlers - school children on a bar mitzvah hike - a parent accompanying them opened fire. No one was injured on the Israeli side.

Palestine was seized by Britain following the collapse of the Ottoman Empire early last century, after which Arthur James Balfour, Britain's then foreign minister, gifted it to the "Jewish people". The tense border has remained mostly quiet since a 2014 Israel-Hamas war. The attack was a response to mortar rounds fired by the Islamic Jihad militant group, the Washington Post reported. It said train service in southern Israel was briefly halted after the mortar attack.

Clashes erupted between Palestinians in the village, located southeast of Nablus in the northern occupied West Bank, following Friday prayers that were held at the site where Mahmoud Odeh, 48, was shot dead by an Israeli settler on Thursday.

The man who opened fire told Ynet that "dozens of Palestinians threw rocks and stones at us, we were in mortal danger and we tried to protect the children".

Читайте также: Texas A&M closing in on new football coach

The military said medical teams rushed to the scene to try to save the Palestinian.

But Palestinian officials said the dead man was a farmer who had been working his land when settlers attacked him. When he refused, one of them shot him in the chest, Daghlas said. Several isolated hard-line settlements are in the area, situated near Palestinian villages and Nablus.

The child, who gave an on-camera statement that was released by the Samaria Regional Council, said that a second group of Palestinians arrived at the entrance of the cave and helped drive back the initial group that was blocking their exit, until the army arrived.

Since a wave of violence began in October 2015, at least 309 Palestinians or Arab Israelis, 52 Israelis and seven foreigners have been killed in a series of attacks, according to an AFP count.

The Israel Defence Forces said the father shot at Odeh in "self-defense".

При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.

Код для вставки в блог

Latest News