Police to provide update on Bruce McArthur case today

Investigators haven't found any new remains but do have new information on what they've uncovered

Investigators haven't found any new remains but do have new information on what they've uncovered

Toronto police have now charged 66 year old Bruce McArthur with a 7th count of first degree murder, as their investigation expands even further.

September 2017 - Project Prism officers identify Bruce McArthur "as someone to be included or excluded as being involved in the disappearance of Andrew Kinsman". He also said police plan to investigate 75 properties linked to McArthur starting next month. While McArthur is believed to have met his victims on dating apps or Toronto's Gay Village, Judi Riley told CBC News that her brother, Jon, wasn't gay. The 66-year-old self-employed landscaper is already facing six first-degree murder charges in connection with the deaths of six men with ties to the city's LGBTQ neighbourhood.

Toronto police are expected to hold a news conference later today to provide an update on their investigation into McArthur.

McArthur was also charged in the death of Skandaraj Navaratnam in February.

Idsinga said the remains of all but Mahmudi have been identified among those recovered from the planters at the central Toronto home.

Mr. Faizi was the second of three men to missing between 2010 and 2012 who were investigated under Project Houston. While he said there is no current evidence linking McArthur to the cold cases, he said they fit the general profile of the alleged victims identified to date.

McArthur is facing murder charges related to their deaths.

Court documents show police allege McArthur killed Faizi on or around December 29, 2010, in Toronto.

More news: The Queen Cracks A Joke About Donald Trump In This New Documentary

As of Wednesday, authorities were still trying to identify some of the human remains found in planters at a Toronto property McArthur used as storage for his landscaping business, according to the Associated Press.

McArthur is due back in court on April 25.

April 14, 2017 - Selim Esen, 44, is reported missing from the area of Toronto's Yonge and Bloor streets.

On Jan. 29, police laid three additional first-degree murder charges in the deaths of Majeed Kayhan, Soroush Mahmudi, and Dean Lisowick.

The city's police board has also approved an external review, requested by Mayor John Tory, that will look into how the force handled the cases of men missing from the gay village.

Earlier this year, investigators took the rare step of releasing a photo of a dead man they believe was murdered by McArthur in the hopes of identifying him. Sgt. Hank Idsinga says releasing the image is a "last resort" to find the man's identity.

December 8, 2017 - Police Chief Mark Saunders says the force will review its practices in missing persons investigations.

Latest News