Delivering a shock to the world which bitterly criticised Russian Federation and President Vladimir Putin all through Wednesday over Babchenko's purported killing, the head of Ukraine's security service Vasyl Grytsak told reporters that Tuesday's faked death was part of a "special operation" to pre-empt a real plot to kill him.
"So now every time a journalist is murdered, those responsible will unleash their bots and propagandists to say it's fake news". "I've buried my own friends and colleagues many times myself.", added Seddon in a second tweet. "Olechka, I'm sorry, but there were no options here either".
His wife- who found his body in a pool of blood in their flat- was unaware of the operation and thought he had been killed.
Mr Hrytsak said the SBU had identified a Ukrainian citizen who had been paid US$40,000 ($52,934) by Russian agents to organise the killing.
I'm glad he is alive, but he undermined even further the credibility of journalists and the media.Arkady Babchenko appeared in person and was apparently unharmed. He apologized to his wife for putting her through a "nightmare", but said there was no other alternative to playing dead. More news: Trump Influenced NFL's National Anthem Rule Change
Before the true fate of Mr Babchenko had been revealed, United Kingdom foreign secretary Boris Johnson tweeted that he was "appalled to see another vocal Russian journalist murdered". He was told the plot was hatched in Moscow and involved "government security forces", Babchenko told reporters.
She said Russian Federation was happy that Babchenko was alive.
However, it has now emerged that the Ukrainian security services faked Mr Babchenko's death.
Babchenko, one of Russia's best-known war reporters, fled the country in February 2017 after receiving death threats. He is a critic of Russian President Vladimir Putin and his policy in Ukraine and Syria. It was shot down and 14 people on board were killed.
Babchenko, a Kremlin critic, left Russian Federation previous year after criticizing the Moscow government.