Health Care

Borussia Dortmund's Michy Batshuayi 'racially abused during Europa League match'

Borussia Dortmund's Michy Batshuayi 'racially abused during Europa League match' The 24-year-old said they were making "monkey noises" during the match, which ended 1-1. "I'll be honest, I didn't hear them", Percassi told Sky Sport Italia . Dortmund drew 1-1 as Marcel Schmelzer cancelled out Rafael Toloi's opener for the Italians. Batshuayi has scored five goals in as many games for BVB since arriving on loan from the Blues on transfer deadline day. [Full Article...]

Browns receive no compensatory picks in 2018 NFL Draft

Browns receive no compensatory picks in 2018 NFL Draft This year, in addition to the team's own seven selections, they received two picks from trades: A fourth-round selection was acquired from San Francisco in a draft-day trade for Kapri Bibbs, and a fifth-round pick was received in a September trade with Atlanta for tackle Ty Sambrailo. [Full Article...]

Florida lawmakers declare porn a public health risk

Florida lawmakers declare porn a public health risk Many students were still en route to Tallahassee when the vote took place and on Wednesday still meant to meet with legislators. The resolution ( HR 157 ) doesn't carry the force of law, but simply memorializes a "need for education, prevention, research , and policy change to protect the citizens of this state". [Full Article...]

Palestinian man dies in Israeli custody, family blames severe beating during arrest

Palestinian man dies in Israeli custody, family blames severe beating during arrest He left the chamber before US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley spoke. Protests broke out when the Israeli army entered the Palestinian city of Jericho in a bid to arrest suspects. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said last week the plan was "fairly well advanced". However, it is also a disputed territory, contested by both Israel and Palestine, which sees it as a capital of its futur... [Full Article...]

Pennsylvania reports drop in flu cases, 28 deaths

Pennsylvania reports drop in flu cases, 28 deaths The Houston Health Department is encouraging people 6 months and older to get vaccinated. "We wanted to provide reassurance that these vaccines, which are recommended for every woman during pregnancy, aren't creating a risk for the baby", she added. [Full Article...]

Improved flu vaccines fast-tracked after 'horrific' season

Improved flu vaccines fast-tracked after 'horrific' season Studies in Canada and the United States have shown, unsurprisingly, that the vaccine is ineffective against H3N2 - 17 per cent in Canada, and 25 per cent in the United States. Low effectiveness of the flu vaccine is often blamed on problems with how the vaccine is designed and produced. In the USA for the most deadly strain of flu, H3N2, this year's vaccine is actually performing sligh... [Full Article...]

Missing 4-year-old found safe in another state after home invasion

Missing 4-year-old found safe in another state after home invasion A missing child from SC is safe and the man accused of taking her from the home where her mother was found badly beaten is behind bars after a multi-state search. she had three of her children with her. Heidi was last seen wearing pink trousers and a blue shirt. A spokesperson for the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division said an AMBER Alert has not yet been issued because they do not have e... [Full Article...]

County reports another 20 flu deaths

County reports another 20 flu deaths The CDC said that the overall effectiveness of this year's vaccine is 36 percent. The vaccine was more effective against H1N1, which is also circulating. And 53 percent of those who did not have flu had been vaccinated. The health department is still recommending anyone who is eligible get a flu vaccine, Ferrell said, because Virginia experienced widespread flu activity through March pa... [Full Article...]

Health Services Response to This Year's Flu Season

Health Services Response to This Year's Flu Season What that number means is that if you are vaccinated and you run into a flu virus, you have a 64 percent chance of getting sick. Adults who get a flu shot are 36 percent less likely to get the disease, while for children the figure was an unexpectedly high 59 percent, USA health officials said on Thursday, predicting that the current "intense" season could continue for weeks. [Full Article...]

Another US Court Says Trump Travel Ban Unlawfully Discriminates Against Muslims

Another US Court Says Trump Travel Ban Unlawfully Discriminates Against Muslims In a 9-4 vote, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond said it examined statements made by Trump and other administration officials, as well as the ban itself, and concluded that it is "unconstitutionally tainted with animus toward Islam". [Full Article...]

Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony injury updates for Cavs game

Russell Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony injury updates for Cavs game In their absence, the Thunder struggled offensively Friday in a blowout loss to the Lakers, but Paul George led the way Sunday with 33 points and eight assists. Berry Tramel on Alex Abrines' shooting and how it ignited the win over Memphis : "Abrines nailed all four of his first-half 3-point shots and scored 16 first-half points". [Full Article...]

Can eating slow help you lose weight?

Can eating slow help you lose weight? The researchers wanted to see if eating speed and some other eating behaviours, such as snacking after dinner, affected obesity . A Japanese study released in 2014 that tracked the eating habits of girls over a three-year period also found evidence of a possible connection between eating speeds and weight gain or loss. [Full Article...]

Joint Korean march gave me goosebumps, says International Olympic Committee boss

Joint Korean march gave me goosebumps, says International Olympic Committee boss That summit didn't amount to much. Short track is one of the most popular sports in South Korea and as a series of home skaters reached the later rounds of the men's 1,500 meters and the women's 500, the North Koreans celebrated by waving flags in support. [Full Article...]

Former Everton and Southampton boss Ronald Koeman named as new Netherlands manager

Former Everton and Southampton boss Ronald Koeman named as new Netherlands manager Koeman's first press conference was immediately announced by the KNVB, and he was set to speak about his new role at 3.30pm GMT. Nico-Jan Hoogma, general manager of Heracles Almelo and a former defender, has been brought in as Koeman's assistant. [Full Article...]

Ontario avoiding the severe flu season overwhelming parts of the US

Ontario avoiding the severe flu season overwhelming parts of the US Flu-like symptoms that appear to get better, but then return with a fever and worse cough. The flu vaccine is meant to fight against H3N2, H1N1 and influenza B. The majority of cases have involved the H3N2 strain, which is more resistant to the flu vaccine and tends to lead to more hospitalizations and deaths . [Full Article...]

Spice Girls Wannabe reunited: 90s girl group confirm they're 'exploring new opportunities'

Spice Girls Wannabe reunited: 90s girl group confirm they're 'exploring new opportunities' Although she pretty much made out that she wouldn't be caught dead doing vocals for the group again , it seems as though Posh has come round to the idea and is now planning on singing with the Spice Girls once again. The Spice Girls were a 1990s phenomenon, with hits including " Wannabe ". Sources tell The Sun newspaper there are plans for appearances and performances on television project... [Full Article...]

Pentagon updates US Nuclear Posture Review

Pentagon updates US Nuclear Posture Review The report said the USA strategy for China is created to "prevent Beijing from mistakenly concluding that it could secure an advantage through the limited use of its theatre nuclear capabilities or that any use of nuclear weapons, however limited, is acceptable". [Full Article...]

Modicare will need up to Rs12,000 crore for implementation, says JP Nadda

Modicare will need up to Rs12,000 crore for implementation, says JP Nadda We look forward to partnering with the government in implementing these transformative programmes in India". "We are going fast on it", he said, adding that the government is committed on it. The health minister pointed out that NHPS shall provide the highest coverage of Rs 5 lakh compared to any of the existing centre / state sponsored health insurance schemes. [Full Article...]

Groundhog Day: Punxsutawney Phil sees shadow, six more weeks of winter

Groundhog Day: Punxsutawney Phil sees shadow, six more weeks of winter The standing Punxsutawney Groundhog Club president is the only person able to interpret Phil's official language known as "Groundhogese". There doesn't appear to be much "science" behind either groundhog's predictions, just folklore and fun. [Full Article...]

Florida nurse's video rant about hard flu season goes viral

Florida nurse's video rant about hard flu season goes viral When it comes to preventing the flu from spreading at home, Lockler has a pretty simple solution. To close, Lockler said she gets "yelled at and cussed at" a lot because people are upset with how long they have to wait. "And if you don't have what I call a true emergency, this would not be the time to come into the emergency room". "And instead of the dad receiving what a nurse of 10 years is ... [Full Article...]


« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6  Next »